We are delighted to inform you that we were awarded ‘outstanding’ in all 8 areas in our June 2022 British Schools Overseas (BSO) inspection.
You can download the full report from the links on this page.
Some of the highlights from the report include:
- Al Karamah School is an outstanding school and provides an outstanding quality of education for pupils
- Most (students) make outstanding progress from their starting points in English, Maths, Science and other subjects and towards the personalised targets set out in their individual education plans.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is outstanding.
- The quality of the curriculum is outstanding.
- Al Karamah School follows a British curriculum which is exceptionally well modified and highly personalised to meet the needs of its pupils. The Ministry of Education curriculum for Islamic education, Arabic and social studies has been similarly modified. As a result pupils are very well prepared for the next stage in their education.
- Teachers thorough understanding of best practice in teaching pupils who have autism is almost always evident in their planning and implementation of the curriculum.
- All staff know their children extremely well and provide well pitched support to each one to promote confident learning and enjoyment of all activities.
- Pupils spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is outstanding.
- Pupils say they like being at school and learn more here than they have learned at other schools.
- Pupils take great pride in their achievements and celebrate the achievement of others.
- Pupils develop very good social skills, including leadership skills and they learn to value the importance of working together.
- School procedures for admitting pupils and welcoming them are excellent.
- There are very effective systems in place for safeguarding and protecting pupils.
- The school is exceptionally well resourced.
- School leaders have a remarkably clear vision- which they put into practice through their close attention to detail, their promotion to the highest standards and their fostering of good relationships throughout the school and with the parents and the wider community. There is one overarching aim; to promote achievement and independence for all pupils.